I can’t tell you how many people assume that because I’m a medium, Halloween is a big day for me. Of course, there are fun activities like carving pumpkins or going to Halloween parties, and I know Alexa and I will love taking Royce trick-or-treating, but I don’t feel a connection with the scary side of Halloween.
I want nothing to do haunted houses, gruesome decorations, and horror movies – but during this time of year, they’re everywhere! In my world, it’s important that I focus on the light and not open the door to negative influences from either side of the veil.
“Don’t Go Looking for Darkness!”
When I was young, my grandmother made sure I understood that my mediumship was a wonderful gift, and not something to be afraid of. She also let me know that negative and destructive spirits exist but they wouldn’t bother me, as long as I didn’t seek them out. She always encouraged me to come from a place of light rather than focusing on darkness, and to never mess around with ouija boards or spells.
I still remember her advice, and it’s always worked for me! But there are times, like after a major event or trauma or when you’ve moved into a new house, that you might feel the need for an extra “positive energy boost.” With Halloween around the corner, this seems like the perfect opportunity to share some time-tested techniques for clearing out the darkness, and shielding and protecting your space.
Cleansing Rituals Make Room for the Light!
Psychic smudging is what most people think of when they want to clear out negative energy in a new home, or cleanse any space where the atmosphere seems dark and heavy. It involves the burning of specific herbs, usually sage, to cleanse and purify a space. Take these easy steps and see if you feel the difference:
- Set Your Intention: Begin with a clear intention. Focus on removing negative energy and fostering a sense of peace and positivity in your home.
- Prepare Your Space: Open your windows and doors to allow the negative energy to exit.
- Light your sage or herb bundle. You can tie dried sage leaves together with cotton string or thread, or purchase a pre-tied bundle. Light your bundle carefully, then blow out the flame, allowing the herbs to smolder and produce smoke.
- Walk Through Your Home: Starting at the entrance, walk through each room, moving the sage bundle in a counterclockwise direction. Pay special attention to corners, doorways, and areas that feel energetically heavy.
- Express Gratitude: As you complete the process, express gratitude for the cleansing and protection.
Using Crystals to Ward off Evil Spirits.
Amethyst, selenite, obsidian, and quartz crystal has a long history of warding off evil spirits and negative energy. Here are some ways to use them to ward off evil spirits and protect your home and space from negative energy.
- Find a few crystals that speaks to you. It could be amethyst, selenite, obsidian or quartz crystal.
- Place a few crystals in a small pottery dish in any room, to absorb negative energy and protect against malevolent forces.
- For personal protection, some people even thread crystals and wear them as jewelry or place them in their pockets or pocketbooks.
- Place crystals outside on the home in the four corners of the house. You can bury them just below the surface or place them on the inside of your home.
More Protection Techniques
Here are a few more techniques to protect your home and yourself from evil energy:
- Salt Cleansing: Sprinkle a thin line of salt across window sills and doorways to create a protective barrier. Salt is believed to absorb negative energy.
- Salt Lams : Place salt lamps around your home to absorb negative energy and promote positivity.
- Blessings and Positive Affirmations: Conduct a personal blessing of your living space. Walk through each room, expressing your intention for protection and love in your home. Regularly affirm positive intentions for your home by reciting affirmations, prayers, or mantras.
- Protective Charms: Create or purchase protective warding charms, like the “Evil Eye” or “Hamsa,” and display them in your home.
I hope these tips help make your environment pure and welcoming. In addition to these tips, I’m a big believer in the power of a fresh breeze, family photos, beautiful music, and laughter to elevate your space and bring in the light.
One last thing – the secret ingredient in any energy cleansing rituals is YOU. As you try these techniques, set your intention to release any negativity and allow only positive energy into your home, and your life!
If you enjoyed this blog post I would like to invite you to join my “Email from Heaven” monthly newsletter by clicking HERE. Each month I will send you my newest blog posts, videos and also a free gift to your inbox. I hope that my emails help you on your spiritual journey and help you stay connected to those you love and miss in Heaven.
The Language of Heaven: How Souls Communicate
Just like when we arrive in this world as infants and gradually learn how to walk, talk, and communicate, something similar happens when we transition to Heaven. Since we are no longer physical beings in the afterlife, we have to learn new ways to navigate and function in our Spirit bodies.
As we adapt to a divine way of being, we master new techniques for communicating with the people we left behind. Fortunately, in our new form – pure energy – there are lots of ways to “talk” to the living.
It helps that after they leave their physical bodies behind, Souls are no longer confined by the limitations of human language. This is why mediums who only speak English, like me, can understand and relay messages from your departed loved ones, even if that person never spoke a single word of English during their time on Earth.
How Spirits Speak to Us
Humans primarily communicate through words, both spoken and written. However, Souls in Heaven communicate in a different way. They can still get their message across through a medium, and if you’re sensitive and tuned into your intuition, they can transmit directly to you.
They utilize a diverse range of methods to help and guide us, and can even provide a window into their existence, surroundings, and experiences on the Other Side.
Here are some of the ways Souls “talk” to the living:
- Showing us Pictures: Spirits often communicate through images, which is why mediums can often provide detailed impressions of the Souls appearance and surroundings. It’s also through these images that we gain glimpses of what Heaven might be like.
- Shared Memories: Souls love to bring up memories of the time spent with you when they were alive. Through these recollections, they demonstrate their eternal presence and connection to your life.
- Thoughts Translated into Words: Mediums can translate the thoughts of spirits into words. However, these messages often come through at a higher frequency, sometimes appearing fast and garbled. Sensitives may also pick up on the energy of spirits, and catch words or phrases.
- Signs and Symbols: When all else fails, spirits send us signs. These signs can be deeply personal and go beyond the traditional symbols like birds, butterflies, dragonflies, or coins. A Soul might reach out through a scent, a meaningful song on the radio, or even a billboard glimpsed at the perfect time!
How You Can Reach Out to Souls in Heaven
You don’t need to learn how to “speak ghost,” possess psychic abilities, or be a medium to communicate with your departed loved ones in heaven. Here are some ways you can establish a connection:
- Telepathic Communication: Simply think about them, and they will be there. Your thoughts are a powerful link to the spirit world, and the more you imagine your loved one or talk to them telepathically, the closer you’ll feel to them. And that’s not just your imagination or wishful thinking! Your thoughts and intentions act like a magnet, drawing your loved ones closer.
- Revisiting Memories: You can feel closer to that Soul you’ve been missing by engaging in activities or visiting places they loved. Playing their favorite music, looking at photos, or preparing their favorite meal can evoke their presence.
- Journaling: If thinking isn’t giving you the feeling of connection you’re looking for, keeping a journal dedicated to your departed loved one can help you stay focused and open the door to communication. Write a question, or explain a problem you’re struggling with, and you might even get an answer as Spirit guides your hand and enters your thoughts.
Even though you leave your physical body, and everything that goes with it, behind when you die, the language of Spirit goes beyond spoken and written words. Their communication is like a collage of images, memories, thoughts, and personal signs.
While mediums can assist in translating their messages, anyone can receive and send messages to their departed loved ones if they’re open and receptive. If you need some help opening up, I recommend attending a mediumship event either Online or In-Person . It will clear any doubts you might be holding on to about the presence of Spirit in your life, and send a message to your friends and family in Heaven that you’re listening!
I remember when I was starting out as a medium and realized that the Souls of the departed were not the only members of my “Spirit Team.” I became aware of the Spirit Guides and Angels, along with another group of highly evolved, divine beings – the Ascended Masters.
Ascended Masters exist at the pinnacle of the spiritual hierarchy, as the highest evolved Beings. When you see their names, you’ll know exactly what I mean!
Who Are the Ascended Masters?
The term Ascended Masters may sound very mystical and mysterious, but in simple terms, they are teachers who once lived on Earth, just like us. However, unlike the average person, they reached such a high state of spiritual enlightenment on Earth, that when they ascended to Heaven they attained a special place, and were in a unique position to help and enlighten others.
Some of the most well-known Ascended Masters include Jesus, Buddha, and Saint Germain, but there are many others, like the Virgin Mary, Merlin the Magician, Moses the Prophet, Saint Francis of Assisi, St. Therese, the little flower of Jesus, Diana goddess of the hunt, and many more, each with their unique expertise and guidance.
How Does Someone Reach This Level of Spirituality?
Each Ascended Master has had a unique opportunity to learn and evolve during their lifetime, and has undergone a series of spiritual transformations while they’re alive. By facing unique challenges and adversity with grace and using their will and faith to overcome negative emotions like fear, anger, and self-doubt, they achieve what is called “self-mastery.”
Then, after enduring what is often an extraordinarily difficult existence on Earth, they ascend to the spiritual plane to become an Ascended Master.
The Ascended Masters are Never Too Busy to Help You
You might think, “Ascended Masters are way out of my league! Why would they ever help me?” But remember, Jesus is one of the most well known among their ranks, and he is called upon by countless people every day. And he’s not alone in that.
Ascended Masters can provide guidance and inspiration in specific areas of your life, and act as mentors on your spiritual journey. In times of sadness, fear, or confusion, they can provide clarity and comfort, helping you successfully navigate through life’s challenges.
When you’re seeking spiritual growth and understanding, or if circumstances cause you to lose your faith in a higher source, these special Souls will be there for you.
In matters of health and well-being, they can channel healing energies and provide support on your journey to physical and emotional wellness.
Reaching Out for Help and Guidance
When you need help from the highest possible source, don’t be shy. Call upon them, and ask them to shine their divine light on you! Here are some steps to help you establish a connection:
- Meditation: As if there weren’t already enough reasons to meditate, doing so regularly will help you tap into the energy of the Ascended Masters. Just take a few minutes to quiet your mind, focus on your breath, and invite their presence into your awareness.
- Prayer: Prayer is a powerful tool for seeking guidance and protection. All you have to do is express your intentions and ask for the assistance of the Ascended Masters.
- Trust Your Intuition: Here’s another reason to listen to your intuition! Sometimes, guidance from the Ascended Masters comes as a subtle feeling or a strong gut instinct.
- Gratitude: Be grateful for the good things in your life. Gratitude acts as a magnet to draw positive things to you, and that includes assistance from the Ascended Masters!
Inspiration to Shoot for the Stars
For me, learning about the Ascended Masters and feeling a connection to them is a blessing. I look to them for guidance and inspiration in my work and personal life, but that’s not all! Understanding the struggles they faced in life, and seeing how they committed themselves to the greater good strengthens my own commitment to fulfill my destiny as a spiritual medium, to help people heal, spread the message of life after death, and overall, to live my best possible life.
Connecting with the Spirit World
Looking to connect with someone in Heaven ? If you would like to hear from a loved one in spirit, try attending an Online Reading or attending a LIVE event when I am in your area. You can Click Here to find all upcoming Online Readings and events.
Being a psychic medium and speaking to the dead, I am often asked how does the connection work? Do you need to be in person? Can you read online or by phone?
The truth is, when a loved one passes away, although you may not see or feel them, they are by your side. Because their spirit is energy, your loved ones can be in multiple places at once and can watch over many people at the same time.
It’s like here, in this world, when we are watching the news. It’s amazing that the moment we turn on our TV we can see what is going on all over the world thanks to energy. Your husband might be in one room watching the big game, and you may be in the kitchen watching a live celebrity interview.
It’s funny, because if there is one thing that COVID-19 did, it showed us how we can truly be with someone in ‘spirit’ even if we are not actually there.
A friend of mines daughter was getting married and due to the pandemic, was not allowed to have more than 20 people attend her wedding. After changing the date twice, they decided to do something drastic. Keep the date, limit the wedding to 20 people and invite the rest of the family online.
When the big day came, much to their surprise, all 200+ of their family members were there online! They were all dressed up in their gowns and tuxedos and took part in the wedding. They cried during the ceremony, cheering as the new couple walked down the aisle, and even danced in their living rooms during the reception. They were truly ‘there in spirit’ and felt as though they were physically there because they took part in the event, only from their own homes.
When I did my first online reading, that same experience happened! As everyone started to tune in to the event and turn on their cameras, I noticed as I looked into their homes I didn’t just see them, I also saw their loved ones in spirit right next to them!
One minute I was guided by spirit to read a woman in Florida who lost her son, the next moment I was called to read a man in California who lost his Dad, to next being guided by spirit to read a woman in the UK who lost her fiancé.
I realized at that moment something new and powerful about my gift. If direct connection is present, so are your loved ones in spirit.
The way the connection works Is quite simple, it’s like being on a three-way phone call. Not only do I see and hear you, but I also see your loved ones in spirit and sometimes even others…
I will never forget I was doing an online reading for a woman and her daughter when suddenly, a spirit appeared that was not part of their family or someone they had known. He had a civil war uniform on, and as their camera turned on I could see his spirit walking up the stairs!
“That’s our Ghost!” they said.
They were shocked that my psychic abilities could see him through the camera even though to them, there was nothing behind them but an empty staircase. (Click To Watch).
During the reading he had told them that he had died in the nearby area and would often visit the new neighborhood and watch over the people that lived there. They felt a huge sense of relief knowing that his soul was protective of them and meant no harm.
It might sound creepy or spooky having an unknown spirit watching over you or the house, but it’s sometimes common to have souls with you that you do not know are with you.
During another LIVE online reading a woman attended with her mom hoping to hear from a grandparent. However, the moment I connected with her I could see the figure of a young boy who she had a relationship here in this world and he was determined to come through with a message. He whispered to me the name “Dustin” and she almost fell to the floor.
“That’s my roommate that died! Why is he here!?”
Well, it turns out he passed away tragically without ever getting to tell her that he intended on asking her out but was too afraid to tell her his true feelings, fearing rejection while he was alive. However, once he made it to Heaven, he came through to her during the online reading event to make it right. (Click To Watch).
I am sharing these stories with you because as a medium, there is not a day that goes by when the dead do not try to contact the living. Some souls have told me during readings they have waited years and years to have their messages delivered to their loved ones here on earth and it truly breaks my heart.
Although the pandemic has ended, and I am back on my LIVE Tour across the United States and Canada, I have added a few new LIVE Online Group Readings just in case I can’t reach you physically.
Whether you are seeking answers after a loved one has passed away or just needing some sort of validation that a loved one is near, I hope that you will take the opportunity to join me, as I still have a few online readings left. Click To Register.
Click Here to Attend Live The Next Online with Me.
When I first discovered my psychic ability, I had no idea the gift I inherited from my psychic mother and grandmother would come with a lot of responsibility. When I first started communicating with spirit, my mom shared some important ground rules with me about safely connecting with the other side.
My mom explained that there are two different vibrations:
A higher vibration which are where your angels, spirit guides, and loved ones are watching over you, and a lower vibration, where the souls that do not make it to heaven remain earthbound. This vibration contains evil and negative souls.
Growing up psychic, my mom and grandma’s rules were simple:
- Use your gift out of love and to help people.
- Do everything with God.
- Never speak to the lower vibrations.
As I got older, I realized why they gave me this advice. Loved ones in Heaven, or on the higher vibration, are at peace. They are existing happily in Heaven and are watching over you in your life. They genuinely want to help you and see you live your best life while you’re here on earth.
The lower vibration are the energies that are purely evil and committed terrible acts like murder while they were alive. Much like an evil, jealous, or negative person, they do not want to see you succeed in life or live a happy life.
How do you avoid the negative vibration and evil spirits? Do NOT interact with them and do NOT let them in.
Spirit tells me that the souls you want watching over you are already with you and can communicate through signs, your internal feelings, and psychic thoughts. It’s all because of the love you’ve shared with them…
Love is a phone line that keeps you connected with this world and the afterlife. When you love someone in this world, that bond of love continues and keeps you connected with them in the afterlife.
That pure love connection automatically allows them to watch over you, send signs, see what you experience, and remain connected to you. Since love keeps you connected, they do not need “permission” to be part of your life or to send you signs.
What is Unsafe Mediumship?
Unsafe mediumship is when you reply on communication other than your own divine connection to spirit. Here are some forms of communication you should steer clear of:
Spirit boxes – devices that scan frequencies to pick up on ghostly voices.
Ouija boards- a board in which spirits move pieces to send messages.
Table topping – an old technique of inviting spirits in to manipulate objects.
All these devices and methods rely on a connection outside of your own psychic ability. It’s like talking to someone on a walkie talkie instead of a private phone call, It’s an open invitation.
When you use these unsafe techniques, you are allowing ANY soul in the nearby area to come through and communicate, and 99.9% of the time they will be lost souls and earthbound spirits who see the connection as an open invitation and jump at the chance to communicate.
The good news is that, if you don’t send the invitation in the first place, evil cannot enter your life.
What are Safe Mediumship Practices?
I know that many people result to using the above methods because they think these are the only ways to connect with spirit, but the truth is that you- and ONLY you- provide the connection to your loved ones. When a medium reads you, they are not opening and new door, but instead talking to the souls that are already with you and watching over you every day.
Some safe mediumship practices are:
Channeling- Mediums making contact directly through you during a reading with your loved ones.
Tarot Card- Psychics using cards to help trigger visions to bring through messages.
Tea Leaves & Crystal Ball- Gazing techniques that help psychic see their visions more clearly.
I have been told by spirit that we all have a way to speak and communicate with our loved ones. You just must recognize the connection deep within you. What better night that the night before Halloween?! This is the time when the spirits are the strongest and the veil between heaven and earth is the thinnest.
My mom and I decided to come together and do something we have NEVER done before. For the first time ever on October 30th, my mom and I are hosting a Psychic Seance where we will help you contact the family and loved ones that are with you and use our abilities to deliver messages to you. Click here to register.
What is a Psychic Seance and is it Negative or Scary?
A psychic seance is a group of people who come together and put their energies together to focus on one thing: communicating with our loved ones in the spirit world.
If you are connecting with the souls on the higher vibration, for the right reasons, it is completely safe because we are using our own abilities to communicate and have our own private conversations with our loved ones.
This is a one night only event where you can join my mom and I, and we will be teaching:
Psychic protection- Keeping you and your energy safe from evil spirits, negative energy and lower vibration.
Psychic Techniques- My mom and I will teach you how to tap in and hear messages yourself and share psychic energy.
Readings: We will be putting our abilities together and giving readings together for the first time LIVE!
Q&A: Answering your questions in real time.
This one-night event is happening on October 30th at 9:00pm EST when the spirit world is the strongest and the veil is the thinnest. If you miss the event, a recording will be available for those who purchased. Click here to register.