Celebrity Guest Article By Matt Fraser
January 7th, 2016
Have you ever thought you felt the spirit of a loved one who passed away around you? It’s not uncommon; as a medium I have heard from hundreds of people around the world who have felt and experienced their loved ones in similar ways. What you might have missed are the signs your loved ones are using to reach out to you and to let you know that they are standing with you and watching over you from up above.
After a loved one passes, one of the first things they try to do is communicate with their family and friends left behind in the physical world to reassure them that life continues even after death. Many times you might ‘write off’ some of the ways they communicate as just a ‘coincidence,’ but in fact what you are experiencing might just be a very special message from up above.
Below are some of the signs your loved ones are using to try to get in touch with you. The reason signs are so important is that they remind you of your loved one’s spiritual presence in your everyday life without pulling you off course from living your life to the fullest. Each sign is a ‘Hello from Heaven,’ reminding you that someone very special is there with you.
Have you ever had any of these experiences?
- Smells From the Afterlife – Have you ever randomly smelled a fragrance that you associate with a loved one that has passed on? Sometimes your loved ones will send you a fragrance out of the blue to let you know they are close by. Some things you may have experienced could be a specific cologne your loved one wore, the smell of smoke if they were a smoker or even the smell of aftershave. When the smell is randomly around you and triggers a memory, rest assured it’s your loved one.
- Pennies or Coins From Heaven – Many times those in spirit will use symbols that were unique and special to them and ones that show their personality to catch your attention. A loved one in spirit will use pennies, dimes and nickels to communicate if they were a coin collector, loved casino games or maybe it’s an inside joke between you and them. When you see a random coin or penny, pick it up and check the date. You may be surprised that the date will be a meaningful number such as a birthday, anniversary or a date that was special in your relationship with them.
- Music From the Afterlife – This sign is very common, and many times your loved ones will use this during special times in your life, such as on or around birthdays, anniversaries or maybe in a time you need to feel their presence. Normally they will send you a song that will come on out of nowhere, such as when you start your car in the morning or when you’re out shopping and you randomly hear it. It could be a song they used to sing to you or just a song that they loved when they were here. When you hear it, know that it was divinely played for you to enjoy.
- Orbs in Photos – Have you taken pictures recently during family events or special occasions and there in the picture are floating orbs? Because those in spirit are ‘energy,’ sometimes they will appear in photographs and videos. When family and friends are together celebrating, they tend to be photographed more easily since their presence is always strongest during important events. When you see this, know it’s your loved one’s way of showing you they were in attendance with you.
- Waking Up at 3 a.m. Every Night – Many times your loved ones will use repetition to get your attention and also to show you it’s them. Soon after a loved one passes on, they will use more prominent ways to get your attention. Waking you up at the same time is one of them. If you find that you keep waking up at the same time every night or waking up at the time of their passing, do not be alarmed. This is your loved one’s way of reaching you because you may have been missing the other signs they have been sending you.
- Dream Visitations – Have you ever had the experience where you dreamt of a loved one and it was so real you really thought it happened? Because the other side is made up of energy, dreams are the easier way for your loved ones to reach you. When you lay your head down to sleep, your mind enters into an energy space that your loved ones can use as a ‘conference room’ to come and visit. They can pass you a message during that time or just show you they are no longer ill. Whatever the message is, know that you just experienced a ‘Dream Visitation.’
- Constantly Seeing 11:11 on the Clock or Another Repeating Number – Times such as 11:11, 12:12 and so on are messages that normally come in a time of need, or during a life change or transition when you are searching for guidance around uncertain times. Think of it like Heaven is sending you a little “Hello,” letting you know they support and love you and that you are on the right track.
- Lights Flickering or Random Electrical Signs – Because your loved ones are in an energy form, sometimes their presence will affect electrical things such as making the lights flicker or turning on the TV. This normally happens within a few weeks after a loved one passes away while they are still getting used to the spirit side of life. No, your house is not haunted; you are just seeing their presence in your house.
- Random Memories of a Loved One From out of Nowhere – Many times your loved ones will send you random thoughts from some of the times you spent together. Have you ever had a random memory come to mind and say to yourself, “Wow, I forget all about that” or a memory that is so deep it brings tears to your eyes? Know that your loved one just sent you a postcard from Heaven.
- Dragonflies, Butterflies and Rainbows – These are common symbols your loved ones will use as a reminder to get your attention. They are divine symbols that will show up when you least expect them to and when you need to know that your loved one is with you.
If you have not received a sign from your loved one yet, do not worry. Normally it can take up to a year after a loved one’s passing to start to connect with them through signs. Normally, they will wait until you are emotionally ready to reach out to you and, when they do, it will be an amazing experience. Know that anything you think is a sign from your loved one pretty much is. Coincidences do not happen, at least not in my world. When you receive a sign, say thank you to your loved one in Heaven. The more you acknowledge the signs they are sending you, the more you open yourself up to communicating with them. When you write off a sign as a coincidence, it is like writing ‘return to sender’ on the envelope and sending it back to Heaven. That being said, talk with your loved ones and let them know you are ready to start receiving the signs from them. Just a simple conversation in your mind or out loud will open you up to them reaching you.